Hollywood Feed understands how important drivers are. We’re investing in the most up-to-date, safest vehicles on the road and offer routes that allow for more time with your family. Want to be a vital member of our pack? Click here to apply!
“From upper management down to lower management, we all work as a team. That’s what I really like. We help each other out by working together.”
Jimmy LanceTruck Driver
“What I really like about the company is that because we’re growing at such a fast rate, there’s always new challenges around the corner. We’re always moving and doing things. You’re always learning new stuff. There’s never a slow day at work.”
Dustin BakerTransportation Manager
As a Hollywood Feed CMV driver, requirements can include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Must have a valid CMV License.
- Must have knowledge of DOT/FMCSA regulations.
- Must maintain a valid DOT Medical Certification and provide Hollywood Feed with an updated certification when acquired.
- Must have knowledge of the Hollywood Feed Driver Manual and Employee Handbook.
- Must have a working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems.
- Must have the ability to read, write, perform basic math, handle receipts, read maps, read road signs, and maintain logs.
- Physically able to maintain balance on ladders or raised surfaces.
- Physically able to sit and remain alert while driving for a period of up to 13 hours.
- Physically able to lift 40lbs repeatedly up to head height multiple times a day.
- Physically able to repeatedly lift and carry 40lbs up to 40 ft in distance multiple times a day.
- Physically able to bend, kneel, push, pull, reach, squat, crouch, and twist multiple times a day.
- Physically able to hook & unhook trailers from tractor, pushing, pulling and cranking lever to raise and lower landing gear on semi-trailers.
- Physically able to load and unload trailer, either individually or with assistance of dock workers, with or without mechanical handling equipment.
- Physically able to shift a manual transmission and operate foot pedals.
- Physically able to enter and exit cab 8 to 10 times per day. Cab floor level is generally 36 to 66 inches above ground level, with entry and exit achieved via the assistance of various steps and handholds.
- Physically able to reach above shoulder level, waist level, and below waist level.
- Physically able to walk on surfaces such as concrete, wood, and metal, realizing that these surfaces could be slippery or wet.
- Expected to inspect truck and trailer for defects and safe operating condition before and after each trip.
- Expected to have open availability and weekend availability (unless other terms are agreed upon at time of hire).
- Required to log into World Manager once during each shift for company policy updates and more; must complete assigned trainings; must fill out incident reports in World Manager when required.
Full time employees are eligible to receive the following benefits:
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick Time
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
Hourly rate starts at $18.75, and mileage is $.53.
We do more than just sell dog food!
Hollywood Feed believes in doing what’s right for our Feed Team members, and that’s reflected in the opportunities we always aim to provide. As we continue to grow as a company, our delivery routes also expand and evolve. This ultimately leads to more miles and routes for our drivers. When markets like Dallas and Atlanta reach a certain size, new positions open in these markets. The opportunities for advancement and/or relocation continue to increase each year.
- Apply knowledge of commercial driving skills in maneuvering vehicle at varying speeds in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, bad weather, or tight loading docks.
- Report any breakdowns, adverse weather, traffic conditions, or other emergencies that may cause delays to the pickup or delivery of cargo.
- Maintain records required for compliance with State and Federal regulations including Electronic Drivers’ Logs, record of fuel purchases, mileage records, or any other records required by law.
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all Federal, State, local, and company regulations for safe operations of a CMV.
- Professionally interact with other employees and customers.
- Communicate openly and respectfully with supervisors and coworkers.
- Effectively operate both independently and as a part of a team.
One of the best benefits of working for Hollywood Feed is that you get perks for your dogs and cats too! As a Hollywood Feed employee, you can spoil your pets without ruining your budget!
- Employee Discount – This is one of the best in the pet industry. We want our employees to be able to recommend products they have tried with their pets themselves. That’s why we make it super affordable to buy any of the thousands of products we carry.
- Free Monthly Pet Food – We work with some awesome pet food brands. They offer free food every month to any employee who wants to feed it to their pets. What’s better than free food?